Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Reading Response: The Mongoose of Monterrey

I read the literacy narrative, The Mongoose of Monterrey by Sophia Gomez. I felt that this narrative was very well-written. It has all the good aspects of literacy narrative such as a well-told story, lots of vivid detail, and some indication of the narrative's significance. I was also very interested while I was reading this narrative. While I was reading this narrative, I was very interested because I felt very connected to the author.

When I was reading the narrative, I felt connected to the author. I could feel how the author felt during the duration of this book. I could feel the excitement of the author learning English and the fear of going to a bilingual school. I especially liked how the author described the tutoring lessons with her teacher and her dobermans. When I was reading I felt like I was in the room with the author and I knew her thoughts and feelings.

1 comment:

  1. Great description! Try using other words for 'narrative' it sounds a little repetitive, otherwise very well written.

    Good Luck,

    Martine ✿

    ReplyDelete