Monday, September 9, 2013

Reading Response: The Ask And The Answer

This week I started The Ask And The Answer, the second book in the Chaos Walking Series. The book is set in the future in a city called New Prentisstown in a place called New World where all the men have Noise. The book is told from Todd and Viola's point of view. Mayor Prentiss conquered the New World and now he calls himself President Prentiss. President Prentiss separated the women from the men, including Todd and Viola. As a result they both miss each other.

I enjoy reading the Chaos Walking Series because I like the Noise that the characters have. I like this because I find the reactions of other characters in the book to each other's Noise is funny. I also feel that the author puts a good picture of the scene in his audience's head. I also like how the author misspells certain words, I feel that this gives the book a unique effect. My favorite thing about the book is how the author makes you think about what's going on in the book.

The Ask And The Answer by: Patrick Ness

9/3 Tuesday-30 minutes- pages 1-32
9/4 Wednesday-20 minutes- pages 33-55
9/5 Thursday- 40 minutes- pages 55-100

Literacy Narrative Work
9/5 Thursday- 20 minutes
9/7 Saturday- 35 minutes
9/8 Sunday- 15 minutes

Total Time= 160 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment