Sunday, February 2, 2014

Research Paper Draft

I wrote my research paper this week about the rights and responsibilities of immigrants to the United States. I feel confident about my draft because I put a lot of time and effort into it during the snow/virtual week. But I am concerned about my conclusion. I can never get my conclusions on my paper just right because I don't know what to write, but they turn out ok in the end. I am also a little concerned about my my parenthesis citations in the body. I would like help changing my citations (if they need to be changed) and the conclusion.

I thought writing the research paper was going to be super hard, but it turned out ok. The videos and student example that Dr. D posted on the research topics page helped immensely. They both gave me a little boost of confidence and a sense of what I was going to exactly do. I thought writing the paragraphs was easy, but it was hard to decide which of my sources i wanted to include in my paper. Also, it was easy to write the introduction because I have a story behind my topic. When Dr. D is reading my paper I would like her to focus on how I put my information and my conclusion. Also, I really appreciated how the deadline was pushed to Monday. 
By:

Reading + Work Times

Snow Days:

Tuesday-60 minutes-I added onto my detailed outline and decided which sources I wanted to include in my paper. I also watched the 2 videos that Dr. D posted on the topics page. I did 1 paragraph. 

Wednesday-60 minutes-I finished 2 1/2 pages of my paper.  

Thursday-60 minutes-I finished 1 more page of my paper. This took me longer because I had to fix some things. 

Friday-45 minutes-I used the class time that Dr. D gave me to fix some things that I had previously done and make 1 more paragraph. I am on the 4th page now.  

Saturday-90 minutes-I finished my body till the 5th page and finished my introduction and conclusion.  

Sunday-45 minutes-I proofread my paper and made it ready to be turned into turnitin.com. I also did my works cited. 

Total Time= 6 hrs/360 minutes  


1 comment:

  1. You've seem to have accomplished a lot during our little break. By the way I quite like your little snowflake.

    Good Luck,

    Martine ✿

    ReplyDelete