Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Am

I am as loud as a peacock.
I am as gentle as a purring kitten. 

I am as brave as a soldier.
I am as vulnerable as a deer. 

I am as fast as an ostrich. 
I am as slow as turtle.

I am as new as freshly baked bread.
I am as old as the couch from the 60s.

I am as smart as Albert Einstein.
I am as dumb as the man who puts electricity in the hot tub.

I am as colorful as a rainbow. 
I am as drab as a rainy day.

I am as affectionate as a puppy.
I am as aggressive as a not so hip-pity hop-poty hippopotamus. 

I am as generous as Santa Claus. 
I am as selfish as the man who didn't want to share his things. 

I am as kind as Mother Teresa. 
I am as cruel as Vlad III of Romania.  

I am human. 


In this poem I use an anaphora, apostrophe, many similes, and an alliteration. The anaphora I use in the poem is "I am as" which is a the beginning of the majority of the lines. The apostrophes in my poem are when I address Mother Teresa and Vlad III of Romania. The majority of my lines are similes such as I am as old as a couch from the 60s. The alliteration in my poem is the hip-pity hop-pity hippopotamus.





Reading + Work Times

The House of Hades by Rick Riodan 

2/10-Monday- 10 minutes in class + 10 minutes outside of class- pages 161-184
2/11-Tuesday- 10 minutes in class + 20 minutes outside of class- pages 185-217
2/12-Wednesday- 10 minutes in class + 10 minutes outside of class- pages 217-236
2/13-Thursday- 20 minutes outside of class- pages 237-254
2/14-Friday- 10 minutes in class- pages 254-262

2/16-Sunday- 20 minutes annotating "Halo" for blog and preparation to write my poem

Total Time= 120 minutes   

3 comments:

  1. Hi Omar,
    I really enjoyed your poem. Your use of the techniques we have learned was very nice. I especially like how each line contradicts the other. Overall, very nice poem!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Omar,
    I enjoyed your poem! The techniques that you used it really made the poem sound great! I love you photo at the bottom!

    Bria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Omar,
    I see you put a lot of effort into your poem. I like the wordle that you added at the end. I am fascinated that you addressed Mother Teresa and Vlad III of Romania. Keep up the good work. What was your inspiration?

    Sincerely, Katherine Ann

    ReplyDelete