Sunday, August 25, 2013

Insurgent Reading Response

This week I read Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I chose to read this book before we made our question. When I am choosing the next book for my outside reading, I will keep my question in mind, "How do the characters in the books make big decisions?" I am thinking to read The Ask and The Answer and then Allegiant. I am drawn to these books because I have read a very good book that is in their series.

I chose to read Insurgent because I really enjoyed Divergent. I think that Insurgent is better than Divergent because it shows you more of Tris's world. The book shows  how Tris is grieving over her parents' deaths. She becomes reckless and does not think before she acts. As a result, Tobias and Tris have relationship problems because Tobias does not like the reckless Tris. I also like how Insurgent shows you how the the Dauntless are very brave. The Dauntless elect new leaders, Tobias, Harrison, and Tori. The Dauntless also convict Eric and kill him for all the crimes he has committed. I also liked when the Dauntless take back their compound and shoot the cameras with paintballs.

Reading Log:

Insurgent by: Veronica Roth

8/20-Tuesday- 45 min- pages 130-195

8/21-Wednesday- 40 min- pages 196-245 
8/22-Thursday- 35 min- pages 246-280
8/24-Saturday- 30 min- pages 281-309
Total Time= 150 minutes 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Omar! I really enjoyed Insurgent too. Allegiant and The Ask and the Answer will also be the next books I'm reading. I really liked how you wrote about Insurgent without giving any important things away. Great job!

    Sincerely,
    Chanler

    ReplyDelete