Sunday, August 18, 2013

Divergent Reading Response




Over the summer I read Divergent by Veronica Roth. Divergent was full of action and I couldn't put it down. The main character Beatrice finds out that she is Divergent because the aptitude tests said that she belonged to 3 factions. One thing I liked was the setting, a dystopian version of Chicago where everyone is divided into 5 factions. I also liked how the author developed Beatrice or Tris's character. She changed her from a shy Abnegation girl to a courageous Dauntless. I really enjoyed learning about the Dauntless initiation during the course of the book. I especially liked the last stage of the Dauntless initiation, the fear landscapes. I pictured the fears that the characters had and enjoyed seeing them overcome it. 

This book is very well written. It is full of action that makes you want to keep reading and not put the book down. At the beginning of the book Tris was shy and didn't know how to defend herself. Towards the end of the book we see Tris #1 in the rankings. She develops an enemy, Peter. He picks on her and makes fun of her old faction, Abnegation. Tris also develops a love relationship with Four. At the end of the book, the population of the Divergent was being mind-controlled to attack the Abnegation. Tris notices that she is not being controlled and that is the reason why she is Divergent. Tris also notices that Four is Divergent as well. To her dismay she sees who mind-controlled the Dauntless, Jeanine Matthews. I really liked this book and look forward to reading the sequel, Insurgent

1 comment:

  1. Hey Omar,

    I really liked your post about Divergent! I read Divergent, so I understand how you feel about the book. It was great! Your post was great for people who haven't read the book that don't understand and for people who have read the book! Your a great blogger!

    Sincerely,

    Annie Kramer

    ReplyDelete