Monday, January 13, 2014

Research

My topic that I am researching is immigrants to the United States of America. Immigrants come to the United States from all over the world for many either push or pull reasons. For instance, an immigrant might come to the United States because there is a war in their home country or he/she is looking for a better life. My plan this week will include perfecting my annotated bibliography and starting my research paper. I will use the comments that Mrs. Harper has left for me on my annotated bibliography and try to finish it by Wednesday. I will do this by working at least 25 minutes a day on it. I will also start working on my research paper on Thursday and in order to try to finish it a day before it is due so i don't get a lot of stress.   

Immigrants are important because they have a role in building a strong American economy that can sustain our standing among nations. They do this by opening small businesses that creates new jobs and gives services at competitive prices. Also, immigrants boost demand for local consumer goods and contribute in helping their local communities improve economically. For instance, Chinatown in San Francisco, Little Italy in New York City, the large Arab community in Dearborn, Michigan, and Koreatown in Fort Lee, New Jersey. Also, Immigrants to the United States have always attracted and retained the best and brightest students from around the world. Many of those graduates with a doctorate degree help our higher education system to be innovative and productive especially in Mathematics, Science, and Engineering. This will help boost America’s status in production of cars, trucks, planes, and many other essential goods. Also, most immigrants come at a younger age to this country at the prime of their life production, which improves the percentage of ratio of workers to retirees. 


 
Reading + Work times: 

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan 

1/7-Tuesday- 45 minutes- pages 1-49
1/8-Wednesday- 45 minutes- pages 50-103

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Ellen Forney 

11/10-Friday- 25 minutes- pages 1-27
11/12-Sunday- 15 minutes- pages 18-34

No comments:

Post a Comment