Monday, April 21, 2014

My Favorite Disney Character & Villain

My favorite hero is Mulan in the movie "Mulan". I like Mulan because she represents two of the most important lessons in this world, selflessness and bravery. She does this by leaving her home and taking her father's place in the army voluntarily. I also love Mulan because she is funny and has a great personality. She is always telling jokes and having a great time with her best friend Mushu who is very funny. Her humor does not come in the way of her instincts because she always does the right thing.



My favorite villain is Ursula in the movie "Little Mermaid". I like Ursula because she is a funny character. I say this because of her movements and appearance. I also love the way that she accomplishes things, which is through people who desire something that they can't have. What I like most about her is the different parts of her. In my opinion, she is part Shakespearean actress with the flamboyance, flair, and theatricality, part used-car salesmen, and a con-artist. These three components bring a very interesting combination that I love to watch.


Reading and Work Times: 

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe 

4/15-Tuesday- 30 minutes- pages 110-121   
4/16-Wednesday- 25 minutes-122-133

Assessment 

4/18-Friday- 30 minutes- I completed the assessment. 

Time working on Portfolio 

4/19-Saturday- 35 minutes- I planned out what I want to do and when I want to achieve these things. I also started by painting of part B. 

Total time= 120 minutes 



3 comments:

  1. Hey Omar,

    I really enjoyed your post on Disney characters. It was a very creative post. I especially liked how you connected Ursula to Shakesphere, and how your stated your favorite components about her.

    Great Job,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Omar,
    I like your idea to talk about some of your favorite disney characters (good and bad). I also love Mulan, she is one of my favorite characters because she redefines what it means to hero and is selfless. Good post!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Omar,

    Overall I loved your post. Your creativity is definitely expressed through this post. My favorite aspects of your blog post includes how you connected Ursula to Shakespeare and how you went into detail about both your favorite disney hero and villain. Great job.

    Happy Blogging.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete